[Lazarus] TSQLQuery: Getting autoincremented ID value after insert (MySQL)

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Fri Nov 14 15:58:21 CET 2014

On Fri, 14 Nov 2014, luiz americo pereira camara wrote:

>       On Fri, 14 Nov 2014, Marcos Douglas wrote:
>

>             This RETURNING clause works for all DBMS?
>

>       AFAIK Only sqlite does not (maybe it does today). But that is not a DBMS :-)
>

> MySQL also does not implement it

Hm. I thought it did. Well, it shows that MySQL is even less of a RDBMS than sqlite.

People trusting their data to these "databases" don't care about their data :)

No problem: Like I said, there will be a fallback mechanism.

I understand sometimes you don't have a choice what database to use,
so we must cater for that as well.

Michael.