[Lazarus] Component palette reordering

Flávio Etrusco flavio.etrusco at gmail.com
Fri Nov 21 02:37:33 CET 2014

On Wed, Nov 19, 2014 at 1:37 PM, Juha Manninen
<juha.manninen62 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 19, 2014 at 5:52 PM, FreeMan <freeman35 at delphiturkiye.com> wrote:
>> Sorry for didn't say before, this job is good.
>
> Thanks.
>
>> Long time ago I was think
>> this. And I thinked, usually programmer use less then 10 component, (Tlabel,
>> Tedit etc.) First Component palette tab can favorite components, can Clone
>> icon's on this tab from option via drag drop, this just idea
>
> The GUI is not finished yet but you can already create your favorite
> tab and drag the components there.
> That is the whole idea of this feature.
>
> I have more ideas for the future. There could be pre-configured and
> user configured component layouts to choose from.
> The current tab names and component placements are not logical.
> "Common Controls" comes from Delphi's COM-wrapper components which
> makes no sense in a cross-platform system.
> "Standard", what does it mean? All LCL components are standard IMO.
> "Addional" or "Misc" do not mean anything.
> Why the buttons and edit-controls are divided between Standard and Additional?
> Maybe there should be tabs called "Buttons", "Edits", "Multi-line
> text", "Graphics" etc.
>
> Juha

Very nice idea, I don't think following Borland's weird convention
(there some compatibility issues in commctl32 history but I seriously
doubt anybody ever avoided using the controls because of this...)
forever is beneficial.

BTW don't you like the "integrated find" feature, like in e.g. kzdesktop?

Best regards,
Flávio