[Lazarus] Need testers for the a new debugger

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Fri Nov 21 23:46:55 CET 2014

On Fri, 21 Nov 2014 15:55:17 +0000
Martin Frb <lazarus at mfriebe.de> wrote:

> On 21/11/2014 15:23, Mattias Gaertner wrote:
> >> Without looking at it, I have seen that with gdb too, though only for
> >> certain complier help procs (iirc chek object stuff)
> > Can you reproduce it?
> >

> Actually no, I cant.
>
> But I have the RTL with debug info.

I don't. I have standard fpc.

> If you dont then stepping needs to step over those.

Yes, of course.
But I see it for example with any constructor. Even as simple as this:

type
  TMyClass = class
  public
    i: Integer;
    constructor Create;
  end;

constructor TMyClass.Create;
begin
  i:=3;
end;

var
  c: TMyClass;
begin
  c:=TMyClass.Create; // <- breakpoint
end'

Run,
Step into, cursor moves to 'begin' of the constructor.
Step into, cursor moves to 'end' of the constructor.
Step into, cursor moves to 'i:=3'.

Mattias