[Lazarus] OI Checkboxes

Juha Manninen juha.manninen62 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 27 12:53:18 CET 2014

> I don't know how screen-reader-friendly is the LCL's TCheckbox, using it to derive TCheckBoxThemed could be a good solution or not.

Frederic, you apparently don't know how LCL components work. They bind
into native widgets. In case of Windows it means Windows GUI controls.
It means the screen reader support and all comes as an automatic bonus.
You suggested that a checkbox be derived directly from standard
Windows checkbox. Obviously it is not possible because this is a
cross-platform system.

A custom drawn widget library must implement screen reader support by itself.
Now Object Inspector uses LCL's TCheckbox on the selected row. I guess
it is screen-reader friendly then.
The new planned custom drawn control may indeed break it. The support
must be implemented somehow but I have no idea how.

Juha