[Lazarus] OI Checkboxes

Juha Manninen juha.manninen62 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 29 15:35:25 CET 2014

On Thu, Nov 27, 2014 at 3:31 PM, Frederic Da Vitoria
<davitofrg at gmail.com> wrote:
> That's how it is supposed to work. But I remember that Delphi controls were
> based on Windows controls too, but they weren't recognized by at least one
> screen reader. But this may be this specific screen reader's fault, which
> maybe did not gather information using the Microsoft recommended method.

Yes, there may be issues which I do not know about. Felipe knows this
topic best.
Sometimes lots of glue code is needed between LCL component and the
widgetset which makes them partly custom drawn components. I thought a
Checkbox is an easy one but maybe not.

I plan to commit the new component from Vojtěch Čihák and use it in
Object Inspector Boolean editor, but initially enclosed in IFDEFs as
an alternative for the current TCheckBox.
Frederic Da Vitoria, can you later test accessibility related issues?
I think they are important.

Juha