[Lazarus] Thanks to FPC team: Record helper for primitive types!

Dmitry Boyarintsev skalogryz.lists at gmail.com
Sun Nov 30 03:20:53 CET 2014

On Sat, Nov 29, 2014 at 12:32 PM, Michael Van Canneyt <
michael at freepascal.org> wrote:

> For beginners, this really is an invaluable aid which cannot be
> underestimated. Morfik Appsbuilder had this already almost 10 years ago.
>
> For this reason, Sven, I would really enable this also by default in mode
> objfpc.

I thought there's a support for that in ObjC categories.

But anyways, beware of trolls!

Troll: Hey! this isn't your daddy's pascal! it's modernized, and everything
is an object here, so make sure you create them and free them like this:
var
  i: Integer
begin
  i := Integer.Create;
  i:=10;
  writeln(i.toString());
  i.Free;
end.

and now with helpers having Create and Free on integer type is possible :)

thanks,
Dmitry