[Lazarus] bcd to variant

Chris Rempas crori49 at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 23 03:28:42 CEST 2014

Hi!
    I am trying to have some decimal fields in my database, causing BCD and FMTBCD field type to pop up to my program. I am not able to save any data of this kind to my database, as i get an error "invalid variant type cast".    I tried any workaround i could think of for the last 5 days, making myself crazy!

    I have browsed most of SQLdb units and i came to believe that BCD fields are not supported by lazarus! Is this true? Is there a way to work with BCD fields in my database? Is there an example i could use as a guide?

Thank you