[Lazarus] Pochecker (was Fuzzy traslations ignored)

Giuliano Colla giuliano.colla at fastwebnet.it
Wed Oct 8 13:52:16 CEST 2014

Il 08/10/2014 12:14, Bart ha scritto:

[...]
> Unfortunately the PoFamilies class was never designed to be able to
> handle something like that.
> It would probably need a rewrite almost from the ground up.
> Or set up some "collection" of PoFamilies, run their separate tests
> and collect the aggregate of their logs and statistics somehow.
>
> I can see it would be practical for language maintainers though.
>
> End users never seem to be satisfied <G>...
> All this came from one question: "can you write a tool that prevents
> exceptions in format() due to wrong translationfiles."
a LazFormat procedure in LazUtils, which encompasses a sysutils.format
procedure in a try/except block might have been a simpler solution,
maybe....
> And look where it has taken me...

I don't know if an attempt to further extend Pochecker functionality is
a wise move:
it's been conceived to perform a number of checking tasks, and it does
its job.

Starting from PoChecker, I've developed, for my personal usage, another
tool (which I called PoHelper) to assist me in translations: it provides
me the functions I found useful, picking code around (from the
Translations unit, from Pochecker units, and elsewhere) and putting it
together to suit my needs. It includes pretty much all the things Maxim
requires.
It may be an useful complement to Pochecker, leaving to Pochecker to
perform its designed tasks, i.e. the final full check before committing.
I was planning to make it available to the Lazarus community, but it's
still a rough tool, requiring some ironing up to become  of public
domain. This goes together with a revised Translations unit, taking
advantage of all Bart's improvements, which should obsolete
SimplePoFiles, and simplify maintenance, both of Pochecker and of the
PoHelper to come.

Giuliano

--
Giuliano Colla

Project planning question: when it's 90% done, are we halfway or not yet?