[Lazarus] Error messages: cannot versus can't

Reinier Olislagers reinierolislagers at gmail.com
Fri Oct 17 14:05:04 CEST 2014

On 17/10/2014 13:48, Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:
> they've taken into account that a lot of
> developers and users have by now learnt acceptable Technical English
> from mailing lists.
While I agree with that statement, there's probably many more who
haven't progressed very far. See some forum posts... and probably quite
a lot of forum posts that were never written because of lack of
proficiency in written English.
As always - lacking real world test data - it remains a subjective topic...

> I'll ask elsewhere whether anybody has any technical style guides
> oriented towards UK English, but I suggest that if anybody has any
> contacts in Philips that they might have something knocking around.

Thanks!