[Lazarus] Find dialog too tight for translations

Giuliano Colla giuliano.colla at fastwebnet.it
Fri Oct 24 23:34:50 CEST 2014

Il 24/10/2014 17:19, waldo kitty ha scritto:
> On 10/24/2014 4:39 AM, Jürgen Hestermann wrote:
>> Why is the "Direction" box placed on the right of all other options?
>> IMO it is just another option as all the others so it should be put
>> below
>> these other options. This would also avoid the problem of moving
>> this box when text becomes long.
>
> this is similar to my suggestion posted previously ;)

Taking into account all suggestions, I came out with two possible layouts:

Option 1 = Buttons at the bottom of the form (like in my previous version)

Option 2 = Buttons at the right of the form (like in the original version)

(there's also a help button, which is not visible by default, but it may
become visible, if the appropriate option is selected. It would go
either at the extreme right, or at the bottom, moving nearby button
right or up because of anchoring):

http://www.bononiadocta.it/Lazarus/Dialogues/Dialogues.png

I've put in the image also a localized version, to see what it looks
like when strings become much longer.
I'd choose option 2 because bottom line risks to become crowded if the
help button is added, but I'd like to hear other opinions.

Giuliano

--
Giuliano Colla

Project planning question: when it's 90% done, are we halfway or not yet?