[Lazarus] Getting the last modified date of a directory

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Mon Oct 27 19:57:18 CET 2014

Rik van Kekem wrote:
> Maybe it's just me but what's the use of "Date modified" for a folder?
> It *does not* (like TS expects) reflect the date of the last file
> *changed* in the folder. Only when files are removed or added the "Date
> modified" of the folder changes. If you also want the time of the last
> changes in the folder you would need to loop through all the files.

That of course is a good point, but if [whoever asked the question] was
writing an archiver or a file transfer program then his users would
assume that it should (i.e. would be reasonably expected to,
irrespective of documentation etc.) preserve all the POSIX timestamps,
even if their meaning was counter-intuitive.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk