[Lazarus] Find dialog too tight for translations

Giuliano Colla giuliano.colla at fastwebnet.it
Mon Oct 27 22:45:55 CET 2014

Il 25/10/2014 19:13, waldo kitty ha scritto:
> On 10/24/2014 5:34 PM, Giuliano Colla wrote:
>> Taking into account all suggestions, I came out with two possible
>> layouts:
>>
>> Option 1 = Buttons at the bottom of the form (like in my previous
>> version)
>>
>> Option 2 = Buttons at the right of the form (like in the original
>> version)
>
> i forgot to ask in my previous post... have you seen the find/replace
> dialog in notepad++? it is tabbed with four tabs and is similar to
> your option 2...

No, I didn't because I don't use Windows. Therefore I'm unfamiliar with
Windows-only applications.
> [aside][ramble] i use notepad++ a lot... especially for editing
> multiple files... largest project so far was editing 1000 data files
> with searches and replaces across all of them at once... they were for
> a satellite tracking program's ability to use different "common names"
> for the objects... when you have hundreds of objects that result from
> explosions or collisions and you want to use a different name, it
> comes in handy to work across multiple files as well... [/ramble]
> [/aside]

Well, if you had had a nicer Find/Replace dialogue, you could have
developed a Lazarus application (possibly multi-threaded) to perform
your simultaneous search/replace across thousands of files ;-)

Giuliano

--
Giuliano Colla

Project planning question: when it's 90% done, are we halfway or not yet?