[Lazarus] [FEATURE REQUEST] Check syntax on the fly

Алексей Мухин uskamicadze at gmail.com
Mon Sep 22 13:35:29 CEST 2014

Hello,
I'm wondering about checking syntax on the fly in Lazarus, at least like in
Visual Studio. Whether it will be implemented?
I wrote a small package that finds simplest errors like 'missing keyword'.
It uses CodeTools and I think, it will work quite slowly on big files.

It can be found here:
https://github.com/USKamicadze/lazarus-check-syntax-on-the-fly.

It'll be nice, if Lazarus will be able to check source code on the fly and
don't causing  stop of the whole system while typing.
It's a quite difficult feature, may be because of TCodeBuffer or CodeTools.
But if you share your opinion or direct me in the right way, I could try
write it by myself.

Alexey