[Lazarus] Fuzzy translations ignored

Giuliano Colla giuliano.colla at fastwebnet.it
Thu Sep 4 13:21:44 CEST 2014

Il 04/09/2014 13:03, Juha Manninen ha scritto:
> IMO it makes no difference. Translators should search for the fuzzy
> lines sometimes and fix them.
Yes, but with the recent change until they don't fix, the translation
doesn't show anymore, which is quite annoying.
> On the other hand I don't understand what caused the crashes. All the
> params were %s, there were no mixed %d and %s. The number of real
> params was reduced, the old fuzzy strings provided enough placeholders.
> Can somebody explain this? Maxim maybe?
> Yet, if Format function throws an exception, it should be caught in a
> try-except block and the problem would be solved (?)

Here you have a very good point. There's no valid reason why a Format
exception of this sort (less or even more parameters than expected)
should crash the Application. IMO It could be just silently ignored.

Giuliano