[Lazarus] Fuzzy translations ignored

Reinier Olislagers reinierolislagers at gmail.com
Fri Sep 5 09:35:37 CEST 2014

On 04/09/2014 23:34, Giuliano Colla wrote:
> But in that case it would be an advantage for developers (few) and a
> disadvantage for users (many).

No, it would be an advantage for the users because they don't get
inferior quality or incorrect translations...
Rather, it makes it painfully clear that the translator has not finished
100% of the translation.

Apparently not showing fuzzy translations is the standard way in other
open source projects. I remember a bug report that probably kicked off
the change referring to that (but don't know the mantis number).

Regardless of the setting, fuzzy strings will have to be dealt with and
(as both a developer and translator) I'm happy that Laz now aligns with
general practice.