[Lazarus] Fuzzy translations ignored

Giuliano Colla giuliano.colla at fastwebnet.it
Sun Sep 7 17:31:03 CEST 2014

Il 07/09/2014 15:22, Juha Manninen ha scritto:
> On Sun, Sep 7, 2014 at 2:27 AM, Giuliano Colla
> <giuliano.colla at fastwebnet.it> wrote:
>> I was thinking of a general overview of the translations, similar to the one
>> provided by kde-thumbnailer-po which provides a folder preview like this:
>>
>> http://www.bononiadocta.it/Lazarus/kde-thumbnailer.png
> Looks nice. How did you install it for KDE?
> I also use KDE 4.13 with Mint 17. The servers don't have thumbnailer-po.
> I only found a source package from the net and it was old. Maybe this
> is not maintained any more. A pity.
I got a source from KDE-Apps.org which didn't appear too old (updated
Apr 17 2012), and compiled from that source:

http://kde-apps.org/content/show.php/KDE+PO+Thumbnailer?content=142036

I found two problems:

1) I had to adjust the installation path, because it defaults to
/usr/local which isn't appropriate for my KDE 4 installations (Fedora 14
and CentOs 6). Sort of:

cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr CMakeLists.txt

2) I had to edit the header file pocreator.h adding an

#include <QWidget>

to make it compile. Apparently a difference between the included header
files of my distros with respect to the ones used by the developer.

After that a make and a sudo make install were all required

> Yes, PoChecker should have such graph.
> PoChecker has some usability problems that should be addressed, too.
> Namely it now behaves like an independent application although it
> integrates itself into the IDE. It does not use information from the
> current project or any session info. The logical thing would be to
> list all translations under the current project and let the user
> choose from them.
> In fact I planned to do it long time ago, after Bart had made this
> package, but I had other priorities.
> I then left separate GUIs for the stand-alone version and for the
> IDE-integrated version. The idea was to modify the integrated version
> later. Now they seem to use the same GUI but it can be separated again
> if needed.
> I don't believe anybody really uses the stand-alone version without
> Lazarus. The integrated version is more important.
I'd suggest that you open a bugtracker issue on that subject, so it
won't be forgotten. Having as a guideline the way editortoolbar
integrates in the IDE, and on the source editor, it shouldn't be too
hard to adapt it to POChecker needs. But it's better to make one change
at a time, not to create some confusion...

Giuliano