[Lazarus] Fuzzy translations ignored

Juha Manninen juha.manninen62 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 8 08:53:25 CEST 2014

On Mon, Sep 8, 2014 at 12:40 AM, Bart <bartjunk64 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I know, it's just that I'm used to working with the stand-alone tool.
> Also, personally I would not want to test a whole bunch of (master)
> .po files when working on a project.
> I'ld go one by one, fixing all translated .po's from one unit, then go
> to the next.

Testing all files at one go may not be necessary, although it could be
an option.
Offering the available files in a list is more important.

Now that I think of it, the stand-alone version could have a similar
list of files, found under a directory selected by user.

[from the other msg:]
>From my POV the result window is a dialog and hence modal.
Indeed, the main PoChecker window is already modeless. I can maybe
look at the IDE integration later.

> Should there be a GUI for the user to select what tests to run, or how
> should this be configurable?

The current GUI for selecting the tests is quite ok.
Finding all relevant .po files is the biggest usability issue for me.

There are more ways to improve the IDE integration.
The modal results dialog is good for the stand-alone version, but the
new shiny IDE message window could be used with the integrated
version. Clicking on a warning would open the .po file in editor and
place the cursor in the error spot.
In fact I use Lazarus editor for .po files. Maybe it is a dummy thing
to do but it works for me.

I am not pushing you to implement this, I only think how it would be
in a perfect world. I must learn a proper message window integration
myself for the Delphi converter, maybe I can look at this later.
Or, maybe Giuliano Colla wants to implement it, he already knows IdeIntf. :)

Regards,
Juha