[Lazarus] white popup hint box

Rik van Kekem rik at graficalc.nl
Sun Sep 14 23:22:04 CEST 2014

On 14-09-2014 20:56, waldo kitty wrote:
> i've just updated both of my trunk FPC and LAZ... it has been four
> months since my last update... when i hovor over something and lazarus
> pops up a hint box, it is all white except for the shadow border on the
> right and bottom...
Are you sure you're seeing that hint-windows in (real) white?
Are you on a laptop or screen-setting with high intensity?

For me the hint-window in YOUR screenshot is light-yellow (as it should
be for my theme). The hint-window is drawn in the special theme color
clInfoBk (which in turn looks at the color in your theme for the
hint-window).

So before hunting down this setting in the source of Lazarus you might
want to adjust your theme or color-settings or your screen. Other
application will use the same light-setting for displaying hints.

Also see:
http://wiki.freepascal.org/Colors#Example:_clInfoBk.2C_clInfoText