[Lazarus] white popup hint box

waldo kitty wkitty42 at windstream.net
Mon Sep 15 21:53:04 CEST 2014

On 9/15/2014 7:15 AM, Anthony Tekatch wrote:

> On Sun, 14 Sep 2014 23:22:26 -0400, waldo kitty <wkitty42 at windstream.net> wrote:
>
>> i'm also quite confused how you saw that image with that section
>> yellowed... i've looked at the same image on several machines and see
>> only white on white :/
>

> I find this interesting. I can see a very light yellow pop-u on your
> supplied screen-shot. I used GIMP to confirm those HTML color values:
>
> The white background = ffffff
> The popup = ffffe1

well, i'll be... i just check this in the tool i used to create the graphic... i
use the printscreen key to capture the screen and then pasted that into the tool
where i then cropped it down so it wasn't too large for the list... the tool i
used is an older paintshop pro and it causes the system to change the color
scheme to "windows vista basic"...

using the eye dropper tool, it took me a few minutes to realize the RGB values
were 255,255,225... at some point, i had leaned over sideways and i did notice
that there was a yellow tint to that popup... if i am at a roughly 45 degree
angle left or right of the laptop screen, then i see the very light yellow... if
i'm 45 degrees above or below, then it is kind of greenish with the editor's
white background looking blue...

> I just checked my popup on Lazarus Ver 1.3, and it is definitely white on
> white,

i'm glad i'm not the only one being fooled by this :)

i'd still rather have a ""proper"" border around the popup, though :)

> although I had once manually changed some settings in the
> Linux gtkrc setting file pointed to by ~/.gtkrc-2.0:

as noted above, this is on a vista machine so no gtk stuffs here for me to edit ;)

> filename:
>   /usr/share/themes/Aurora/gtk-2.0/gtkrc
>
> I once had light gray text on white, so I changed the following line of
> that file to back tooltip fg on white tooltip bg as follows:
>
> gtk_color_scheme =
> "fg_color:#000000\nbg_color:#C7C7C7\nbase_color:#ffffff\ntext_color:#000000\nselected_bg_color:#247EB3\nselected_fg_color:#ffffff\ntooltip_bg_color:#FFFFFF\ntooltip_fg_color:#000000"

interesting :)