[Lazarus] white popup hint box

Juha Manninen juha.manninen62 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 15 22:02:15 CEST 2014

I also see a distinctive yellow color.
Waldo Kitty, you should go to see an eye doctor, you are suffering
from color blindness. :)

You all noticed the hint window's color but nobody noticed it renders
HTML nicely, giving a professional touch to hint and info windows.
The same effect was available also earlier by installing
TurboPowerIProDsgn package. Now some bugs are fixed (see #20202) and
it is part of lazarus BigIde by default.

On Mon, Sep 15, 2014 at 5:05 PM, Rik van Kekem <rik at graficalc.nl> wrote:
> I don't know
> how to make a clearer border but the color is here:
> Lazarus_dir\LCL\Include\hintwindow.inc
>
> // Color := clInfoBk;
> Color := clYellow; // <- for instance

That will not help because the THintWindow.Canvas is not used. Instead
TurboPowerIProDsgn registers its own HTML renderer component there.
If you want to study the code, here are some pointers:
IdeHelpIntf (in package IdeIntf) has these events through which
TurboPowerIProDsgn registers itself:
  CreateIDEHTMLControl: TCreateIDEHTMLControlEvent = nil;
  CreateIDEHTMLProvider: TCreateIDEHTMLProviderEvent = nil;

Code that supports both the default text hints and registered hint
renderers is now refactored into THintWindowManager class, also in
IdeHelpIntf unit.
Earlier such code was spread in different places, including OI and SE.

There is a small border around hint windows. On Windows there is even
a nice shadow so it looks like lifted up.
I don't know what you people are complaining about.
I tested with Windows, GTK2 and QT widgetsets.

Juha