[Lazarus] white popup hint box

Rik van Kekem rik at graficalc.nl
Mon Sep 15 22:12:38 CEST 2014

On 15-09-2014 22:02, Juha Manninen wrote:
> I also see a distinctive yellow color.
> Waldo Kitty, you should go to see an eye doctor, you are suffering
> from color blindness. :)
I take it you're not working with a laptop ;)
I know for a fact laptops show these subtle colors differently.
(Even my second screen shows the yellowish less clearly)

>> // Color := clInfoBk;
>> Color := clYellow; // <- for instance
>
> That will not help because the THintWindow.Canvas is not used.
Actually it does. I tested it myself :)
Probably because the real object showing this is inherited from
THintWindow. I couldn't find the actual object (with my somewhat limited
knowledge of Lazarus) but i guess you're more familiar with it ;)

> There is a small border around hint windows. On Windows there is even
> a nice shadow so it looks like lifted up.
What color is that border? It does have a margin but i don't see a real
border. (Do you in the given screenshot?) If you can't see the yellowish
color (which i can, but on a laptop is difficult to see) it's not pretty
without a border and even damn confusing.