[Lazarus] white popup hint box

waldo kitty wkitty42 at windstream.net
Tue Sep 16 08:54:11 CEST 2014

On 9/15/2014 7:36 PM, Rik van Kekem wrote:

> On 16 september 2014 01:17:55 CEST, waldo kitty <wkitty42 at windstream.net> wrote:
>> as noted previously, i don't use any installer... i pull trunk from the
>>
>> repository and compile it as per my previously posted command lines...
>
> Isn't Lazarus 1.3 r42488 a really old version? (November 2013?)
> Or am I seeing this wrong?

you are seeing it right... there appears to be a problem with Svn2RevisionInc
not being able to read and parse the info from tortoisesvn's newer version for
some reason...

the actual revision of lazarus i'm running is 46236 according to the properties
of my lazarus directory...

[time passes]

it seems that the newer tortoisesvn uses a sqlite database to store revision
info in... at least, there's a wc.db file in the .svn directory and a quick look
at it with a binary file viewer tool shows that it starts with sqlite but i
don't know if it contains the desired information for Svn2RevisionInc to gather
and use...

looking at the code for Svn2RevisionInc, the info that Svn2RevisionInc wants is
definitely not in the "entries" file... that one only has three bytes in it now
with this version of tortoisesvn...

i've just spent the last while working out a .BAT file named svnversion.bat in
the hopes that Svn2RevisionInc would execute it... i'm assuming that
Svn2RevisionInc expects the file to be in the path so i placed it in the same
place as tortoisesvn's SubWCRev.exe tool... the bat file calls SubWCRev.exe with
the necessary path as fed from Svn2RevisionInc... SubWCRev creates an output
file which the .BAT file types so that Svn2RevisionInc can get the revision
number from stdout but Svn2RevisionInc doesn't even seem to execute the
svnversion.bat file as desired... this is easy to see because the intermediate
file for the bat file is not created and the resulting revision.inc file
contains an empty string for the RevisionStr instead of "Unknown" as expected...

i'm not sure how to fix it so that Svn2RevisionInc can get the revision number
for the revision.inc file and since it is now almost 0300 in the morning my
local time and i've been up for 24+ hours (again), i'm going to go to bed and
try to get an hour or two of sleep [sigh]