[Lazarus] PostMessage return value

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Thu Sep 18 11:55:09 CEST 2014

On 09/18/2014 10:32 AM, Xiangrong Fang wrote:

> I don't quite understand the logic or difference between critical section
> and events.

Sorry for my previous rude reply.

Sven made me know that by "event" you did not mean an object pascal
language "Event" (i.e. a callback), but a "TEvent instance".

Here, of course you can use both a TCriticalSection instance (i.e. a
Mutex) as a TEvent Instance (i.e. a semaphore) for thread synchronizing.

(It's a shame that the creators of our brand of the Object Pascal
Language once chose to invent new notions for commonly use concepts
(Callback -> Event, Mutex -> CriticalSection, TEvent -> Semaphore, array
of Boolean -> Set, ("object" for a kind of class (i.e. a type), instead
of an instance of same is not used any more...)

-Michael