[Lazarus] Fuzzy translations ignored

Giuliano Colla giuliano.colla at fastwebnet.it
Thu Sep 18 14:35:33 CEST 2014

I compiled, and that's how your graphs look like under Linux (both Gtk2
and Qt WS, it doesn't make a difference):

http://www.bononiadocta.it/Lazarus/Pochecker.png

It would appear that FloodFill is rather broken under Linux!

I had in mind a different approach (components instead of just pictures,
to be able to operate on them) so I implemented an alternative, which at
first sight was not so bad, under Linux, with Qt WS:

http://www.bononiadocta.it/Lazarus/Pochecker1.png

But, to my dismay, that's how it looks both under Linux Gtk2 and Windows:

http://www.bononiadocta.it/Lazarus/Pochecker2.png

It would appear that at the moment we don't have a reliable
multiplatform way to draw our pies.

If nobody else is interested (I saw that some graphic things date back
from 2002!) I can take care of revising the basic tools needed to
display proper pies. After all it's a common way to show data, and
Lazarus should provide professional looking pies.
Later I'll open a new thread on lazarusdev on that subject.
Then, when we have the proper tools available, we may continue.

Giuliano