[Lazarus] Pochecker (was Fuzzy traslations ignored)

Maxim Ganetsky ganmax at narod.ru
Mon Sep 29 22:46:37 CEST 2014

29.09.2014 22:08, Giuliano Colla пишет:
[snip]
> I believe that there's a simple way to go in the right direction.
> Pochecker (when integrated in the IDE) is being added the capability of
> opening a po file in the IDE editor.
> The syntax highlighter for po files is already there.
> Adding to the IDE editor some smarter po-file editing capabilities can
> be done without a big effort, following the guidelines of the HTML
> editor provided by the weblaz package, and perhaps implementing a
> minimal codetool-like unit for po syntax (which is rather simple).

Do you really want to reimlement PoEdit or Lokalize in Lazarus (e.g.
implement translation memory, dictionaries support etc.)? What for? I
think it is better to just open external editor which is associated with
PO files (e.g. PoEdit or Lokalize).

> This could end in a smooth cycle: check, edit, check again, but even now
> it's already usable: after all translations are performed by developers.

In many cases translators are not developers and have difficulties with
programming.

--
Best regards,
  Maxim Ganetsky                  mailto:ganmax at narod.ru