[Lazarus] Recent changes in XML?

Vojtěch Čihák vojtech.cihak at atlas.cz
Thu Apr 9 15:36:15 CEST 2015

Hi,

I am not sure if this XML issue belong to Lazarus or FPC.

I noticed that my app. gives warning "Constructing a class "TXMLObjectWriter" with abstract method "WriteSignature" and later crashes.
So I tried demo "streamasxmldemo" from lazarus/examples and it is the same: "mainunit.pas(109,52) Warning: Constructing a class "TXMLObjectWriter" with abstract method "WriteSignature""
The demo crashes at startup.

The class is in Laz2_XMLCfg but it uses TWriter and TReader from ../rtl/../classes/..

TWriter has property Driver: TAbstractObjectWriter which is IMO causes the troubles.

I can say that I moved from FPC 30069 to 30494 yesterday and Lazarus from 485xx to 48681, so the changes had to be in this range.

I can make a report but tell me at least if it is Lazarus or FPC bug.

Thanks, V.