[Lazarus] Feature request/inquiry

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Sun Apr 26 12:26:46 CEST 2015

Hi,

I was wondering about the following:

Many websites have a feature where, in a form that you must fill in, some explanatory text is shown in fields.
This explanatory text is somewhat grayed in appearance, and disappears as soon as you start typing.

Something like: (use fixed font to see this):
| Name :  | <Type your first and last name>      |

I use a web toolkit called ExtJS, and it has a property 'emptyText'.
This is the text that appears in the edit field when empty.
We started using it extensively after we heard from our customers this is really valuable.
(more so than a tooltip)

Is there such a thing for Lazarus' TEdit and related controls ? if not, is it planned ?

Michael.