[Lazarus] Z-order not working

Wed Apr 1 17:19:52 CEST 2015

On 2015-04-01 15:42, Anthony Walter wrote:

> Personally, I never use a status bar, just because if I want something
> in the footer, it usually involves more than just text.

Well, I'm modifying an existing project for a client, so I don't have
much say in that regard. A nice idea though.

All I wanted to do (which should have taken 5 minutes) is something like
this:

  http://edysoftware.com/delphi/index.php?pilih=invoice&id=159

Simple status lights appearing on the right edge of the statusbar.

But because of the damn platform inconsistencies with LCL it doesn't
work. [sorry, I'm just a bit frustrated at this point] My initial
solution worked fine under Windows, but totally screwed on Linux and
FreeBSD because of the statusbar panels resizing themselves, and not to
the width values I set, and also the statusbar panels don't have bevels
displaying.  Clearly nobody uses the StatusBar widget, or they simply
don't pay attention, or they only develop for LCL-Win32/64 (where most
LCL things seem to work).

> If you're like me you'll even put that logic in a base form class, make
> it optional, and use that type of base form anytime you might want a
> status like area.

Can Lazarus already handle such "developer defined components"? I
remember the good old days of Delphi 7. Define a nice Form or Frame
template. Select everything and drag it to the component palette and
magically you have a developer defined component you can reuse. D7 also
had some shared code repository setting if I remember correctly, for
whole programming units.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/