[Lazarus] Recent changes in XML?

Vojtěch Čihák vojtech.cihak at atlas.cz
Thu Apr 9 18:35:13 CEST 2015

I got it.

In Laz2_XMLCfg is class TXMLObjectWriter = class(TAbstractObjectWriter)

and this class does not implement abstract method WriteSignature. (The same for Read...).

So it is a Lazarus issue but solution will need some FPC version directives otherwise
Lazarus will fail to compile with older versions of FPC (before Read/WriteSignature was introduced).

Thanks, V.

On 04/09/2015 03:36 PM, Vojtěch Čihák wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am not sure if this XML issue belong to Lazarus or FPC.
>
> I noticed that my app. gives warning "Constructing a class "TXMLObjectWriter" with abstract method "WriteSignature" and later crashes.
> So I tried demo "streamasxmldemo" from lazarus/examples and it is the same: "mainunit.pas(109,52) Warning: Constructing a class "TXMLObjectWriter" with abstract method "WriteSignature""
> The demo crashes at startup.
>
> The class is in Laz2_XMLCfg but it uses TWriter and TReader from ../rtl/../classes/..
>
> TWriter has property Driver: TAbstractObjectWriter which is IMO causes the troubles.
>
> I can say that I moved from FPC 30069 to 30494 yesterday and Lazarus from 485xx to 48681, so the changes had to be in this range.
>
> I can make a report but tell me at least if it is Lazarus or FPC bug.

AFAIR, Read/WriteSignature is introduced recently in fpc trunk. So it's
lazarus problem if read/write signature isn't implemented since fpc
implementation is virtual; abstract;. But on the other side question is
if read/write signature is called anywhere, so maybe it does not produce
crash.

zeljko