[Lazarus] "Copy selected messages to clipboard" bug

Mon Apr 20 15:34:06 CEST 2015

On 2015-04-20 14:19, Bart wrote:
> Now messages are shown in "groups" e.g. "compileng lazutils" and this
> turns into a single green line if it went OK.

Yeah, the new "groups" idea in the Messages window drives me nuts. I
don't like it at all, and to me personally makes the Messages window a
lot less useful. For a long time I've reverted back to Lazarus 1.3, to
the commit just before those groups feature was activating. But then I
started missing other newer Lazarus features. So last week I moved back
to 1.5.

Mattias, is there a way to switch back to the old Messages window? Even
if I have to do it as a local mod in my own copy of Lazarus? I already
have so many local mods anyway. Any pointers to which commit(s) I could
revert would be appreciated.

>From my investigations r45396 enabled the new Messages window "group"
feature, and a whole bunch of other stuff. Something to do with a define
EnableNewExtTools. Because r45396 affected so much, I couldn't seem to
just revert that specific commit.

> However, frequently I see messages I want to inspect (click on them to
> go to the source), but this seems impossible now?

I don't see a lot of information I'm interested in any more. And while
compiling the Green and Yellow bars seems almost like they are jumping
up and down, so I can't track the compiler progress at all by just
looking at it. :-/

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/