[Lazarus] Error buiding Lazarus

Santiago A. svaa at ciberpiula.net
Mon Aug 3 15:25:24 CEST 2015

I have upgraded Lazarus in my Linux mint from 12.6 to 1.4.2, (the deb
package from sourceforge).

When I start Lazarus I get a message with two buttons:
"Start my custom" or "start system default".
Well, I had just one version of Lazarus. I suppose that the custom
version is because a I had compiled the IDE to add some packages.

If I click "my custom" I get something like "Downgrade configuration..."
well, a little scaring, I don't want to downgrade anything, I want to
upgrade, so I abort.

I try the other option. I click "start system default". Ok it starts
fine. Now I try to build Lazarus from IDE (clean + build) and after
compiling a lot I get the following error

cmdlinedebugger.pp(161,31) Fatal: Can't find unit CmdLineDebugger used
by LazDebuggerGdbmi
Can't find file "/usr/share/lazarus/1.4.2/ide/cmdlinedebugger.pp".

Any idea?

--
Santiago A.