[Lazarus] LCL MouseMove event problem on QT/Linux

Paul Michell Paul at MichellComputing.co.uk
Mon Aug 17 11:59:59 CEST 2015

I have been working on my first triple platform application
(Windows/Linux/OS X).  The user interface is very simple and so far I
have had success in getting the source code to compile across all three
without issue.

One part of the main form will have a simple map drawn using TCanvas
based graphics.  I want to make the map respond to dragging with the
mouse and on Windows I have always implemented this type of thing using
MouseMove events.  This works as expected on Windows and OS X, but all
mousemove event calls cease on Linux whilst the mouse button is pressed?

I have attached a simple application that demonstrates this behaviour.
There is a mouse move event function that changes the form's caption to
the event coordinates.  It detects the mouse left click shift state and
swaps to showing the panning deltas whilst the button is held down.  On
my Linux development system (Kubuntu 15..04 64 Lazarus 1.5 r49683M FPC
3.1.1 x86_64-linux-qt) the messages stop whilst the mouse button is
down.  On Windows and Mac it works as intended?  Is this a bug in the
LCL QT widgetset, or am I missing something?

Thank you,

Paul Michell