[Lazarus] authoring user manuals

Mon Aug 3 16:37:52 CEST 2015

On 2015-08-03 15:08, Gour wrote:
> Now I wonder which one is recommended and if there are some helpers
> assisting manual authors

See this message from July, and the attached example application.

 http://free-pascal-lazarus.989080.n3.nabble.com/Lazarus-Help-for-your-applications-tp4043078p4043079.html

I use the INF format because it is very simple to author and extremely
compact (10+ times smaller than CHM of the same content). The markup
language is much shorter that HTML, less complicated than LaTeX, and not
very verbose. The IPF tags are mnemonic, making it easy to associate
them with their functions.

In my eyes DocView is also a superior help viewer compared to any CHM or
HLP help viewer I have seen, with built in support for Contents, Index
(auto-generated in none exists), full-text search with advanced
filtering, search highlighting, in-line annotation support, custom font
configuration and is lightning fast etc.

Regards,
  - Graeme -