[Lazarus] Search path options for pacages

Juha Manninen juha.manninen62 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 4 19:09:38 CEST 2015

On Tue, Aug 4, 2015 at 6:26 PM, Péter Gábor <ptrg at freemail.hu> wrote:
> In the pas a solved this with changing (recursive) the group id (to
> mine) for the directories belonging to FPC and Lazarus and giving write
> premissions.
> You can add write premissions to "other" but it has security risk.
>
> BUT I recommend to install lazarus into your home directory by building
> it from sources.

There is no need to install into home directory unless you need the
trunk development version.
For your own programs the default Mint package installation should
work. When you install an IDE package to Lazarus and recompile it, the
new binary goes to the home directory and startlazarus is clever
enough to start it from there.
There were bugs in this process but to my understanding they are fixed.
If it still does not work then please explain the steps to reproduce.

Another problem with Mint installation is that they use very old
versions in their repo. You can download the .deb packages provided by
Lazarus project instead, or use the trunk.

Juha