[Lazarus] An online package manager

Mon Aug 10 15:56:37 CEST 2015

On 2015-08-10 14:42, Juha Manninen wrote:
> I want to understand this topic better.

fppkg and fpmake works together. fpmake can generate a zip archive and a
manifest file for use with fppkg server.

Take a look at fpGUI's fpmake.pas unit.

$ cd <fpgui>/src/
$ fpc fpmake.pas
$ fpmake --help
Usage: ./fpmake command [options]
Where command is one of the following:
 compile      Compile all units in the package(s).
 build        Build all units in the package(s).
 install      Install all units in the package(s).
 clean        Clean (remove) all units in the package(s).
 archive      Create archive (zip) with all units in the package(s).
 manifest     Create a manifest suitable for import in repository.
...snip...

$ ./fpmake archive --prefix=fpgui/
(you now have a fpgui-1.5.zip archive created

$ ./fpmake manifest
(you now have a manifest.xml file created - ready to submit to fppkg)

The only problem I have seen thus far is fpmake is hard-coded to look
for fpmake.pp, and my file is name fpmake.pas - I get this error because
of it. Simply rename it to .pp and the above works fine.

$ ./fpmake archive --prefix=fpgui/
The installer encountered the following error:
File "fpmake.pp" does not exist.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/