[Lazarus] Breakpoints not working

Martin Frb lazarus at mfriebe.de
Thu Aug 13 19:32:02 CEST 2015

On 13/08/2015 17:27, Donald Ziesig wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I just updated my windows (ugh) version of Lazarus to 1.4. Everything
> seems to be working fine except breakpoints are not breaking.   They
> are listed in the breakpoints window with the break property set true,
> but execution goes wizzing by them without stopping.
>
> Any ideas on what went wrong?

32 or 64 bit (and in case of the later, 32 bit IDE?)

While you debug, the breakpoints are still in there original red color?
No change?

Using inline, or try except blocks? (and breakpoints are inside them?

Using smart linking?
Using Optimization level 2 or higher?

Try switching between Dwarf and stabs (project options / debugging)

Otherwise supply a log:
http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/GDB_Debugger_Tips#Log_info_for_debug_session