[Lazarus] whats wrong with that line of code?

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Sat Aug 15 12:38:32 CEST 2015

On Sat, 15 Aug 2015, John Landmesser wrote:

> Hi Michael,
>
> sorry, i still don't get it:
>
> Help to FormatFloat tells me:
> "FormatFloat formats the floating-point value given by Value using the format
> specifications in Format."
>

>From the help:

"FormatCurr formats the currency Value according to the formatting rule in Format, and returns the resulting string."

here <Format> refers to the parameter format, not the function, as you seemed to surmise.

Yet the next sentence in Help
"For an explanation of the formatting characters, see FormatFloat. "

Should have given you a clue.

Well, I have adapted the text so it is less ambiguous.

Werner has given you a example of what to code.

Michael.