[Lazarus] Lazarus applications as webpaged

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Sun Aug 30 19:15:42 CEST 2015

On Sun, 30 Aug 2015, Aradeonas wrote:

> Easy,You!
> You know the way and me and Larry are asking from you.
> Beside you should used to it until now that I always have a question
> from you ;)
> But I try to specific whom the next time.

Just quote part of the original mail, that is usually sufficient to determine context.

To answer your question:
- I use Firebird as a database, which I access using SQLDB. A
- Data is exposed to webpages using a simple REST layer.
   There are even Lazarus GUI programs that act as a client to the REST layer.
- There is also an RPC mechanism.
   For this I use ExtJS' ExtDirect protocol, which is a specific version of json-rpc.
   (this is available in FPC)
- Client (browser) is programmed independently in ExtJS and AngularJS by a team of webdesigners.
    (but you could use fpweb and templates for this as well)

It's all very simple, really. In architecture, it resembles the google-apis recently
committed in fpc. Also, for example tiOPF provides a lot of the building blocks you
may need. Transforming tiOPF objects to JSON for example is really easy and can be
done using the rttiutils unit. I even ported that unit to Delphi using the superobject
library (by henri gourvest).

I've used the same techniques in many different projects now for several years, and
I consider it a succesful recipe.

Michael.