[Lazarus] Memory Loss (Mine)

Gordon Cooper hughgordont at gmail.com
Tue Dec 1 07:44:55 CET 2015

Hello to all,
                    Although I have been reading this mailing list for
years,
I have not been doing much else in this area. Started with standard
Pascal on an elderly mainframe about 30 years ago. Was introduced
to Borland's Turbo version, then wrote  databases for a range of
subjects, including a diet plan/record for a fairly large zoo. Interesting,
but I then moved to Linux and probably have not written much in Pascal
  since Delphi 3 was the current version and Topaz was a good package
for databases  Since hen, I do not remember much.

  I looked at Lazarus a year or two ago, found it to be a bit confusing,
so did nothing more.

Starting again with an MX-Linux operating system, (derivatIve of Debian),
have downloaded FPC  3.0, and slowly (very) remembering what to
do.   Firstly, 3.0 seems to work very well in Mx-Linux. Have tried the
Address Book example, have an executive file that is very fast.

Tried writing a bit of new code, it worked after I had fixed the errors,
but then ran into trouble with the file system.  Can not activate a dbf,
keep being told that the file can not be opened.

Another day tomorrow, will try again.

Gordon.
Tauranga,  N.Z.