[Lazarus] FPC Pestering Peacock (3.0.0) release

DougC doug at moosemail.net
Tue Dec 1 15:38:14 CET 2015

Why does this installer say it is installing FPC 3.0 and Lazarus 3.0? Has Lazarus changed their version numbering? At best I would expect a Lazarus 1.5 at this point.

---- On Wed, 25 Nov 2015 19:15:14 -0500 Anthony Walter <sysrpl at gmail.com>wrote ----

wkitty, I just updated the installers at:

http://www.getlazarus.org/setup/

It is built from FPC 3.0 now. It installs to your home folder without needing any special rights to install.

Linux/Mac users can change the install folder by changing the $BASE variable at the top of the script.

Windows users can just pick a folder in the installer program.

Lazarus and FPC configurations are read from their own directories and wont interfere with other existing installations.