[Lazarus] Getting MySQL process output

Aradeonas aradeonas at operamail.com
Sat Dec 5 13:58:57 CET 2015

[Cross posted on forum so if you want answer there : http://forum.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/topic,30635.0.html ]

Hi,

I want to play with MySQL process and get what ever it write to console
so I write this code:

> Process := TProcess.Create(nil);  with Process do  begin
> Executable := 'C:\Program Files (x86)\MySQL\MySQL Server
> 5.5\bin\mysql.exe';    with Parameters do    begin      Options :=
> [poUsePipes];      Add('-u');      Add('root');      Add('-p');
> end;    Execute;    while Process.Running do
> Memo1.Lines.LoadFromStream(Process.Output);    end;

But the problem is that this will freeze because there is no output but
console window write :
> Enter password:
How can I get this in my application and all others?

As I said I want to work with MySQL executable and read from and write
in it, So I dont want to use its library or any other DB component.

Regards, Ara

--
http://www.fastmail.com - Choose from over 50 domains or use your own