[Lazarus] Fast GUI

Wed Dec 2 12:07:55 CET 2015

On 2015-12-02 10:51, Michael Schnell wrote:
> Especially text rendering is a very time consuming task that is used a
> lot when rendering the GUI of a usual desktop application.

For desktop apps, I haven't seen a noticeable slow down in text
rendering, using fpGUI's develop branch. I tested with fpGUI's nanoedit
(basic text editor) and maximus ide projects, loading text files and
then scrolling with the mouse or keyboard.

General desktop apps are pretty static, so things are less noticeable by
the human eye. Animation effects (like seen on Android and iOS) is
another matter - they benefit from the GPU a lot.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/