[Lazarus] Release Candidate 1 of Lazarus 1.6

Juha Manninen juha.manninen62 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 9 11:39:51 CET 2015

On Wed, Dec 9, 2015 at 5:16 AM, Anthony Walter <sysrpl at gmail.com> wrote:
> I was looking through my mail trying to find the patch Ondrej created for
> dotted namespace code completion in CodeTools but I can't find it. has that
> been accepted into this release?

No need to look for patches. Look for commit history instead. Ondrej
now has commit rights and fixed many things in codetools related to
dotted namespace.

> Also, I created a fix for tray icons on Unity (TTrayIcon plain doesn't work
> on it), but it would seem a report was never created even though Unity has
> been out for more than five years. I don't know if anyone has applied a
> version of my fix it to svn, but what I came up with is located here:
>
> https://github.com/sysrpl/Lazarus.UnityAppIndicators

It was discussed in mailing list :
 http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.ide.lazarus.general/83274
I understood it was not ready. You added sentences like "Just remove
the KDE check and it should be good to go."
Then Zeljko promised to implement it in Lazarus but apparently he was busy.

So, could you please provide a patch that fully works in your tests.
Preferably open a bug report for it. Tracking the potential problems
becomes easier then.
I can apply it then but I cannot promise to include it in Lazarus 1.6.
This is a change that can cause regressions and must be tested well.

Juha