[Lazarus] TAChart Localization

Alexander Klenin klenin at gmail.com
Sun Dec 13 12:34:22 CET 2015

On Sun, Dec 13, 2015 at 7:54 AM, Werner Pamler <werner.pamler at freenet.de> wrote:
> Am 12.12.2015 um 22:23 schrieb Maxim Ganetsky:
>>
>> The basic method to solve this is to move these assignments (or assign
>> these values for a second time) to a later stage, e.g. OnCreate event of the
>> GUI designer form.
>
> I could solve it in the meantime by modifying the RegisterXXXX procedures
> used throughout TAChart to store the pointer to the resource string instead
> of the string directly. Hmmh, it does break backward-compatibility, but I
> bet nobody has ever written his own chart series so far... Let me see who
> complains in the forum
Well, I actually did (i.e. I have some project-specific custom series
which I did not commit to TAChat).
However, they are in an old defunct project, and I can upgrade easily
enough should it became relevant.
So, just a data point.

As for the translation problem, is it not possible to query
translation engine at run-time?
Something similar to _('Line series') from gettext?

--
Alexander S. Klenin