[Lazarus] Lazarus 1.6 and QuestionDLG

Jürgen Hestermann juergen.hestermann at gmx.de
Sun Dec 13 17:59:40 CET 2015

Am 2015-12-13 um 16:52 schrieb Ondrej Pokorny:
> On 13.12.2015 16:38, Jürgen Hestermann wrote:
>> Also, the escape key no longer selects mrAbort.
>> I cannot exit from the dialog with escape.
>> Is this intended?
> The escape key selects mrCancel now (this was changed) - but you should definitely be able to exit the dialog with escape. See http://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=26019 .
As you may have seen from my code snippet I do not use mrCancel.
What happens in this case?
Should mrAbort used instead?
At least I am (no longer) able to exit from this dialog with Escape (on Windows 8.1)

> If you have any trouble with the code change, please attach a sample project so that we can discuss it more precisely.
I would have no problem to switch from mrAbort to mrCancel.
I am just wondering, why Escape no longer lets me exit at all.

Nevertheless, the TMemo issue is more severe to me
(even though I am planning to write my own QuestionDLG but
this may take a while, too many other things in the pipeline....)