[Lazarus] Install FPC and Lazarus from source

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Sun Dec 13 21:43:48 CET 2015

On 13.12.2015 20:01, Bo Berglund wrote:
> On Sat, 12 Dec 2015 18:23:19 +0100, Sven Barth
> <pascaldragon at googlemail.com> wrote:
>

>> strip removes the debug information stored in the binary. So in that
>> case you won't get detailed exception information (stack trace) inside
>> Lazarus if an exception occurs there.
>
> So it means that I could not debug inside the Lazarus code itself. But
> that is a no-issue for me since I would not know what to do anyway. I
> just want my own code to be debuggable.

Yes, that would be the consequence. As long as you're aware of that, go
strip your binary. Or you could build Lazarus with OPT="-Xs" which will
already tell the compiler to strip the debug information (you can also
supply this option in the IDE dialogs responsible for rebuilding (I
don't know the name right now, sorry) and then it will also be applied
each time you rebuild Lazarus from within the IDE).

Regards,
Sven