[Lazarus] UTF8String and UTF8Delete

Mon Dec 14 10:06:25 CET 2015

On 2015-12-14 03:40, wkitty42 at windstream.net wrote:
>> > You mean you convert from Unicode to CP437 system codepage?
> yes... plain text readers and editors cannot handle the fancy mess of today's
> world... they only know CP437 or maybe CP850...

Wow, I don't know what text editors you use, but any text editor worth
using should at least support Unicode. If not, that text editor has seen
updates for 10-15+ years.

On a side note:
  Just over a year ago I reviewed tons of text editors. I needed
something that could preview other encodings (in case auto-detect didn't
work 100%) so I could decide what should be used, warn me about
inconsistent encodings or possible loss of data, then do actual
conversions, have great regex support and have many other great
features. My conclusion was that EditPad Pro
[http://www.editpadpro.com/] was miles ahead of the competition. Yes it
isn't free, but the price is dirt cheap for what you get, including
monthly updates and great support. Even though it is a Windows
application, it runs perfectly under FreeBSD and Linux using WINE.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/