[Lazarus] UTF8String and UTF8Delete

Tue Dec 15 01:29:23 CET 2015

On 2015-12-14 19:23, wkitty42 at windstream.net wrote:

> yup, definitely not... there aren't as many as there used to be,

wow, very interesting.

> more... the big thing, today, is that we've been able to use virtual modems
> which speak old style serial comms on the one side and telnet, vmodem or
> possibly ssh on the other side... some systems also support rlogin as well as
> having integrated ftp and web capability...

I ran AdeptXBBS (OS/2) for about 3 years. It alread supported back in
1994 serial comms via modem, telnet, nntp etc. It was an awesome piece
of sotfware.

> BTW: there is at least one relatively modern BBS written with FPC and i'm aware
> of at least two others being ported to FPC from TP/BP.

Yeah, the good old BBS days had loads of tools written with TP.
RemoteAccess BBS software was very popular in South Africa. It was also
written using Turbo Pascal.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/