[Lazarus] Lazarus 1.6RC1 make bigide fails on Raspberry Pi2

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Tue Dec 15 17:17:47 CET 2015

On Tue, 15 Dec 2015 16:40:11 +0100
Bo Berglund <bo.berglund at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 15 Dec 2015 15:35:59 +0100, Mattias Gaertner
> <nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de> wrote:
>
> >Check if you have /etc/fpc.cfg.
>
> Yes I have.
> In fact I do have several instances of the fpc compiler:
> The 2.6.4 bootstrap compiler
> The 3.0.0 compiler I just built from the release sources
> The 3.1.1 compiler that resulted when I got the trunk sources a month
> or so ago and built it.

Maybe you have too many fpc configs.
Find out what config is used by fpc. For example by compiling an empty
file with -vut.
Then check the -Fu paths in the config.

> I also have Lazarus 1.5 and 1.2.4 working on the Pi2 system.
>
> Now I just wanted to "upgrade" by installing the 1.6RC1 release
> candidate of lazarus  and fpc release 3.0.0 and get them working side
> by side with the existing IDE:s

Should work.

> >A "make install" of FPC only installs the files, it does not setup your
> >system to use the new FPC.
> >You need to install a link and create the /etc/fpc.cfg.
> >To get an idea search for "samplecfg" on
> >http://wiki.freepascal.org/Install_fpc_on_Raspberry_with_Gentoo
>
> I cannot post the content of the fpc.cfg file here because it is too
> big. But I wonder how it can be placed in /etc/ since then it has to
> be working correctly for all versions of fpc that one may want to use.

By the power of macros. The -Fu paths usually looks like this on Linux:

-Fu/usr/lib/fpc/$fpcversion/units/$fpctarget
-Fu/usr/lib/fpc/$fpcversion/units/$fpctarget/*
-Fu/usr/lib/fpc/$fpcversion/units/$fpctarget/rtl
-Fu/usr/lib/fpc/$fpcversion/units/$fpctarget/$fpcsubarch-$fpcmemorymodel
-Fu/usr/lib/fpc/$fpcversion/units/$fpctarget/$fpcsubarch-$fpcmemorymodel/*
-Fu/usr/lib/fpc/$fpcversion/units/$fpctarget/$fpcsubarch-$fpcmemorymodel/rtl

> Is there just a single fpc.cfg?

The compiler searches for a config at several places and stops at the
first hit.

Mattias