[Lazarus] Lazarus 1.6RC1 make bigide fails on Raspberry Pi2

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Tue Dec 15 22:25:24 CET 2015

Bo Berglund wrote:
> On Tue, 15 Dec 2015 17:17:47 +0100, Mattias Gaertner
> <nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de> wrote:
>
>>> Is there just a single fpc.cfg?
>> The compiler searches for a config at several places and stops at the
>> first hit.
>>
> I searched for the cfg files:
> pi at rpi2-jessie / $ sudo find -name fpc*.cfg
> ./home/pi/fpc/fpcbuild-2.6.4/install/amiga/fpc.cfg
> ./var/lib/dpkg/alternatives/fpc.cfg
> ./etc/alternatives/fpc.cfg
> ./etc/fpc-2.6.4.cfg
> ./etc/fpc.cfg
>
> I also found out that /etc/fpc.cfg is actually a symlink:
> /etc/fpc.cfg -> /etc/alternatives/fpc.cfg which in turn is a symlink:
> /etc/alternatives/fpc.cfg -> /etc/fpc-2.6.4.cfg
>
> So in a roundabout way /etc/fpc.cfg is actually: /etc/fpc-2.6.4.cfg
>
> Question:
> Is the fpc version 2.6.4 cfg file any good for fpc 3.0.0?
>
> Seems a very involved way of handling this, hard for me to follow in
> any case. :(

With the caveat that this is for a native (i.e. not cross) compiler: you
only need one of those. As discussed- several times- about the only
thing that needs adjusting is the path to the GCC stuff if you move an
existing fpc.cfg to another machine, under normal circumstances it's set
up when you run install.sh to install the binary release files. I use
the same fpc.cfg for everything from 2.2.4 through 3.0.1, and have not-
so far- had to do anything special when building ARM or MIPS cross
compilers.

Also see Lazarus's --pcp= option. Again, I don't think this is the first
time I've pointed you at that.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk